Feb 6, 2014

Another sad day in America

*So I thought this was posted on 2/5/2014, but it was so for the same of this just image that it was posted on the 5th*

So today was my day off. Everything was good for me today. I had nothing to complain about, well except for one thing.  As I woke up this morning,  I caught the last 30 minutes of my favorite morning radio show The Breakfast Club. As charlamagne tha god was giving out the donkey of the day, I heard something on there that really saddened/disgusted me. He said that George Zimmerman,  the man who shot and killed a 17 year old Travon Martin, would be in a celebrity boxing match vs DMX. America,  I just have one question to ask; WHAT THE HELL?????

Now there's a lot of things that really makes me mad about this situation,  but I will just touch on a few. The number factor that sickens me about this is the fact that George Zimmerman is being considered a celebrity.  Now maybe I woke up in a different dimension or something but when did being a killer make you famous? Charlemagne that God raised an excellent question doing this segment.  He said "You mean to tell me that in America in 2014 you can murder a young 17 year old young man and be considered a celebrity?" Now to be fair, I honestly don't believe no one in there right mind considers this man a celebrity. Now if he is not a celebrity,  who would  classify him as one and put him in this boxing match? Well ladies and germs, that person is no other than boxing promoter Damon Feldman. Now I don't much about Damon, but the fact that he would call this killer a celebrity says a lot about this man. It tells me that he is a heartless, emotionless man. It also tells me that money means the world to him. Now folks may say I looking way too much into this. I mean it's true that celebrity is really just a word. I think I not making enough of a deal of this. The good book says that the power of life and death are in the tongue. That means to me is whatever we call or label people is the power we give the person,  depending on how we value the world.  To me, the world celebrity means a person who was worked there as soon off in a certain field and has acquired fame for their hard work. When I think of George Zimmerman, the is the farthest thing that comes to my mind. Words like killer, lier, worthless, and pathetic are just a few words that pop up. 

Another thing that troubles me about this is that fact that Zimmerman wants to fight a grown ass man but decided to take the life of Travon Martin. Now let's forget the fact that he was following him for no good reason.  Let's also forget that even after a 911 operator told this man to stop following him, he got out of him car and ignored this can followed Travon. Let's even forget that he knew he had a gun on him the whole time.  So apparently a 17 year old can beat Zimmerman so bad he has no choice but to kill him,  but wants to box a grown man? The hell? To once again quote Charlemagne tha God, "How can someone who is willy to fight anyone claim that he was getting hid ass kick by a 17 year old so bad that he had to shoot a kill him?" Now I not the sharpest tool in the box, but this does not add up in the least bit. Travon was younger, and weight less than him. Zimmerman claimed he feared for his life, and shot young Travon in self defense.  I could go on forever on how his story doesn't add up but that's not what I am here for. Then to add more to the fire, he got to choose his opponent, and he chose DMX out of all people.  Now I not saying DMX is going to lose, but what I will say there are far better people to chose from than DMX. I want to someone to give Zimmerman the beating of his life and I, along with a lot of people, don't believe DMX  is the right person for the job in the least bit.

The next day that sadden me about this is that how it was announced. I had heard thru the cyber streets that Zimmerman was going to fighting someone,  but nothing was set in stone. Then today of all days, the fight was finalized and announced.  What was the meaning of today, February the 5? Well, today is Travon birthday.  Had he been alive, he would have been 19th years old. Having this fight announced on Travon birthday was a new level of disrespect in my eyes. Just imagine how Travon's parents must feel. The person who took your son's life is being considered a celebrity,  and he will be making money based on the act and night that took your child's life, and they decided to announce this event on your son's birthday.  The person who took your son's life is get mention and gaining buzz on the day that same child was born. Talk about a slap in the face.

At the end of the day, should this fight happen? NO. Will this fight happen? YES. You know why? Because money talks, and America has a history of making a profit on the misfortune of others. Me personally,  I don't want no one to support this madness and exploitation of a sad situation.  When it comes to money, some people just do not care how they get that almighty dollar. When you think about it, Damon and Zimmerman will be basically making money off of the death of Travon Martin. To me, that is really the saddest/most disgusting part of this whole situation. This just shows that history truly repeats inself.

No comments:

Post a Comment