May 16, 2014

The Struggle Is Real But God Is Greater

As I look at my phone to see what time it is, the first thing that comes to mind is that I should be sleep because I got work in a few hours. Even though I should be sleep, I can't go to sleep. Why you may ask? Well I have been thinking about the things that have happened within the past 48 hours. To be honest this have not been the best few days, but today was really when i felt like I hit rock bottom, As the day continued on, I got to start thinking about everything and realized that everything is not as bad as it seems. As I was about to sleep, this whole thing kept on being on my mind. I believe I supposed to write about this to not make to just tell my story, but to also help someone who may be going through something similar. So with that being said, here we go.

Wednesday, there was a job fair so I decided to go to it in hopes of finding a better job. When I got there, there was companies there, but they were for jobs outside of my city. On top of that, it was mostly for jobs outside of Georgia. I go to the different booths to see want jobs they had, but nothing really caught my attention. After a while, I got to one booth and talk to the man representing the company. Now we was  talking for a good minute so in the back of my mind, I felt like I was going to hear some good news. Sadly this was not the case. Basically in a nutshell, he said he couldn't think of any positions that would fit me. After that, I felt the job fair. Later on that day, I checked my email. I receive an email from a job that i had applied for. When I read the email, it said that they have found another candidate that was better for the job. I have gotten so used to this emails that it doesn't bother me now.

Fast forward to Thursday, things really turn south. Now I was at work when this happened. I was on my break and once again decided to check my email. Turns out that the first email was from the company that I work for. It was regrading a job opening that had at another store. It was basically the same job that I have now. The only difference is that I could get holiday/vacation pay, and there could be chances to move up in the company. Before I opened the email, I that I was going to get this job. Unfortunately, this was not the case. The email stated that they have found other candidates that was more qualified for the job. The first thought that came to mind was "What The Fuck? How am I not qualified to do the EXACT SAME JOB?" To say that I was in a funk would be an understatement. When I got back from break, I did not want to be there at all. I really just wanted to quit a few times that day.

 As the day went on, I calmed down and thought about it.I just didn't think about these past two days, but just life in general. I was thinking why do I keep getting turned down for jobs. When i say i have applied for just about every job that I can think of, that would be an understatement. If you look in my email, you would see the many "thanks for applying for the position but we have found a better fit candidate." Like what do In have to do to work for you? I also thought about own it seems like I do almost do everything at work, but I still make shit. Like my cousin makes more money than I do, and I am the one with the college degree. As these thought flooded my mind, I was reminded of a quote that I saw on the internet. "Rejection is God's Redirection." That one quote made everything clear.

Why am I not landing the jobs that I apply for? Well to be honest, I maybe either not the right person for the job or these people think I will just quit when another job comes along.....which is true. In the bigger picture of these, I not supposed to be working at those companies. The other people who are more qualified for the jobs probably needed those jobs more than I do. that job could be the blessing that God has placed in that person's life. Another reason could be that I am not in the right place for the right job, and honestly I truly believe that. One more thing that I believe is that those jobs could distract me from doing what I am truly meant to do on this earth. With this blog, I feel like this will open doors for greater opportunities. Along with the blog, I also want to start a t-shirt line. I feel like my my t-shirt line can really be great. In the end, I know I am meant for greatness, and those job could have stopped me from achieving greatness.

"Rejection is God's Redirection." What is God is redirecting me to?  I have no idea. Only he knows what is in store for me, and what it will take for me to get to where i am meant to be. Maybe God is testing me. Maybe he is seeing if I will still praise him doing this hard spot.  Maybe all of this is to humble me. Maybe this is all setting me up for something else. Who knows but only god. Until the time comes, i will continue to work for the little money I make, work on my passions, look for better jobs, and  continue to have faith. At times like this, two bible sayings always pop in my mind. God always have a ram in the bush, and all you need is faith the size of a mustard seed. To close this out, I will say to anyone who is going through a hard time in life is trust in God, and trust in the process. Everything we are going through is all apart of a bigger plan that we can not even think of. Also, there is no such thing as a bad experience. Everything we go through is meant to teach us something, help us grow, prepare us for something great, or a little of all three. Well folks, that's all i have to say. As always, live life, be great, and do dope shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment